Moving the MU WordPress files from one location on your server to another – changing its URL – requires some special care.
WordPress is installed into /wordpress/ default folder and default url is to appear as http://localhost/wordpress/. This howto post is if you want moving from /wordpress/ to /blog/ and you want url to appear as http://localhost/blog/, in MU WordPress system. There are any differences about codex.wordpress.org tutorial.
Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- modify /wordpress/ folder in /blog/
- via ssh:
mv wordpress blog
- via ftp
- or via your file manager
- via ssh:
- modify /blog/.htaccess file: change all occurrences of wordpress in blog
- modify mysql record about site url (MU WordPress 3.0 has not WordPress address in Administration > Settings > General panel):
mysql -h host -u user -ppassword database -e "UPDATE `wp_options` SET `option_value` = 'http://localhost/blog' WHERE `option_id` =1 LIMIT 1 ;"
If you create subdomain site, you finished. If you have subdomain site:
- digit on browser http://localhost/blog/ (your main site)
- go to Super Admin > Sites
- click Edit about each site and change all occurrences of wordpress in blog